Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Thoughts for the day

  • What was on Hannibal's mind as he drove his elephants over the Alps? Looking good, apparently, because on Hannibal's head was a wig, which he wore into battle to cover his lack of locks. Julius Caesar used his chaplet for the same purpose, the comb-over having not yet been discovered. - Jack Reed _Men Want to Look Good, Too_ St. Petersburg Times (FL); 2001Jan 28 q.AWAD 18, 2007 http://wordsmith.org/words/chaplet.html q.tftd-l


  • A clergyman, walking down a country lane, saw a young farmer struggling to load hay back onto a cart after it had fallen off. "You look tired, my son," said the cleric. "Why don't you rest a moment, and I'll give you a hand."

    "No thanks," said the young man. "My father wouldn't approve."

    "Don't be silly," the minister said. "Everyone is entitled to a break. Come and have a drink of water." Again the young man protested that his father would be upset. Losing his patience just a little, the clergyman said, "Your father must be a real slave driver. Tell me where I can find him and I'll give him a piece of my mind!"

    "Well," replied the young farmer, "you can tell him whatever you like just as soon as I get this hay off him." - Pastor Tim q.The Good, Clean Funnies List

No comments: