Friday, September 19, 2008

Irish Taxi Driver

for the Kat

A British passenger in a taxi in Dublin leaned over to ask the driver a question and tapped him on the shoulder. The driver screamed, lost control of the cab, nearly hit a bus, drove up over the curb, and stopped just inches from the edge of the bridge over the Liffey River. For a few moments everything was silent in the cab, and then the still shaking driver said, 'Be-Jesus, I'm sorry, but you scared the devil out of me.' The frightened Brit apologized to the driver and said he didn't realize a mere tap on the shoulder could frighten an Irishman so much. The driver replied, ' Will the Saints in Heaven forgive me, it's entirely my fault. Today is my first day driving a cab. I've been driving a hearse for the last 25 years.' - mhennigan@HAWAII.RR.COM q.uga2008Sep18

No comments: