Wednesday, November 12, 2008

fuer katze und kinder

My mother was recently on a flight returning from Utah. As the plane was a small puddle jumper, the flight attendants were required to demonstrate the life vest, the oxygen mask, etc. instead of turning on a video. After they finished their presentation, one of them said
To those of you who listened, thank you. To those of you who ignored us, good luck.
- castle91

~~~

Several women appeared in court, each accusing the others of causing the trouble they were having in the apartment building where they lived. The women were arguing noisily even in the court. The judge, banging his gavel to quiet them, said,
We are going to do this in an orderly manner. I can't listen to all of you at once. I'll hear the oldest first.
The case was dismissed for lack of testimony. - Thomas Ellsworth

~~~

At the company water cooler, I bragged about my children's world travels: one son was teaching in Bolivia, another was working in southern Italy, and my daughter was completing a year-long research project in India. One co-worker's quip, however, stopped me short.
What is it about you," he asked, "that makes your kids want to get so far away?
- Thomas Ellsworth

my borthers and I my represent this remark

No comments: