Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Jump into the 2009 "Catholic Pool"!

read this, recording your choices

These are mine:

1:A

2:none of the above

3: I agree -- None of the above: A nice gesture would be scripture scholar and longtime theologian at the Gregorian, Gerald O'Collins SJ

4:not A -- I think he will get Chicago, whenever. C & D are possibilities. [For complete disclosure, I live in the ATL area.]

5:A and maybe B

6:none of the above -- the bowing at communion is somewhat to mostly ignored even by EM's -- nobody cares about when the sign of piece occurs. SOme parishes do it in the specified place but also have a rite of greeting (before or after the priest precesses in) in which hands are shaken and sometimes names shared -- if women were barred as lectors, I predict war will break out. I would be pround to be an officer in support of women lectors. If only we could get lectors who can proclaim and understand that is what they are to do.

7:an "inside the city limits of Vatican City" issue

8:don't know enough to say but I would also doubt C -- see Commonweal

9:droll, very droll

10: I agree -- C

11: I agree out of ignorance -- A and B -- but I love D.

12:A is a good idea but not yet likely -- B is reasonable but who knows if Benedict can convince the group reason whould prevail -- what is a cappa magna, a large coffee? -- D droll -- E very droll

No comments: