Friday, December 15, 2006

for my son

A young infantryman, his sergeant, a beautiful young woman and her grandmother wound up sharing a compartment on a train in Europe just after World War II. Suddenly the train went into a tunnel, plunging the compartment into darkness. Just before the train emerged into the light, a loud kiss was followed by a sharp slap.

"That young man was very impertinent to kiss my granddaughter," thought the grandmother. "I'm glad she had the presence of mind to slap him like that!"

"That young man was very impertinent to kiss me like that," thought the young lady. "But I'm glad he did. I hope he won't be intimidated by my grandmother slapping him like that."

"The young fellow is certainly enterprising for kissing the young lady," thought the Sergeant, "but I wish she had landed the slap on him instead of me!"

The infantryman thought, "What a wonderful world God has made, in which a soldier can kiss a young lady, slap his sergeant, and get away with both!"

No comments: