Tuesday, October 20, 2009

N Marietta Loop

  • I was going from Kennesaw to the KofC meeting at Holy Family. As I entered the intersection with Wallace, a Ford cargo van - the longest wheel base - made a u-turn. I had one of those. The turning radius is about 4 lanes. This guy tried to do it in three. As he was blocking the two driving lanes, I struck the rear passenger side behind the tire -- if he were six more feet further, I would have missed him.

    Because it had been raining, the pavement - asphalt - was wet and slick.

    The airbags did not deploy.
  • I have now gone to both doctors. My GP checked me out mostly ok. Just talking to him has calmed my nerves. But I continue to have flashbacks when I enter intersections. Or when I have to deal with an aggressive driver - which in GA is often.

    The ortho man found I had no broken bones in my right hand but my index finger is quite swollen. We will see in a few weeks if my neck calms down and my right hand and arm quit hurting. Oh yes and the spot in my not quite lower back.

    I shouldn't whine as my son-in-law has much worse problems.
  • My car was at first glance estimated as needing $4.5k in repairs. At which point their computer and the insurance company told them to dig deeper. The estimate is now $6.5k. I fear they will total it out. In which case I need to come up with about $5k to get a new car. It would have been easier to handle that before the market crash. I suppose I will hear the bad news later this week.
  • And in travel news, the Kat is in Bangkok.

No comments: