Thursday, December 11, 2008

on the road again - pt 1

Left Kennesaw late - it was raining while I packed the car which was one of the things slowing me down. plus I got to bed late because of packing and washing clothes and dishes. plus my digestive system was acting up.

Went to Costco for gas - 1.399 - but should not have - wasn't worth it.

As usual traffic was moving ~80 but less than usual number of idiots who want to go faster. It was mostly dry until TN. Then rain until I stopped in VA to sleep.

In Knoxville, they have shut down I40 between downtown and I640 on east side - both I40 and I75 were detours, but different ones. I40 used I640. I75 went downtown as it did decades ago and then north on that spur that used to be I75.

Got gas on I81 X4. Should have waited - missed gas at 1.399 again. At VA welcome station tried to call Super8 but they have removed the pay phones!

Was going to get gas at Roanoke but didn't. A few exits north there was 1.399 again!

Most stations in nGA, TN and VA are 1.4x. WV is 1.699 across the street from motel.

Oh the motel. It has wireless, a microwave, a fridge, a TV and no elevator. I am on second floor. On the other hand I got here at 10:30.

I never stopped to eat, just had a few large plums, several 6 oz yogurt, a small container of cottage cheese, and frozen strawberries. The pineapple is for tomorrow, as is the leftover milk.

Remembered to bring small extension cord so I could plug in sleep apnea machine and computer.

And I am not in Winchester VA but 20mi to N in Martinsburg WV. I am very tired. Going to be going to bed as soon as I check mail.

p.s. at 80m/hr car only gets 25mpg

No comments: