Saturday, December 13, 2008

on the road again - pt 2

Friday morning Martinsburg WV was cool but not not cold, but the wind was fierce.

The motel is a family foreign affair. Not many people there at this time of year.

After passing through MD like rotten fruit, entered PA. Found the Costco in Harrisburg. But it took a long time to get the two miles to the gas pumps. And once again like in Ireland I couldn't remember the first digit of the pin of my debit card. After two misses I went inside to purchase a cash card. After standing in line at the register, I remembered 7 the correct answer. Then back to get over 12 gallons of gas - a literal tankful @ $1.699. At least I got a good turkey wrap at food counter.

PA weather was uneventful.

Called Brandy at NY welcome station. It is now snowing. Got the good news that there would be snow up to FD. Joy. Joy.

The welcome station had copious snow in parking lot. and I had old decl shoes.

The windshield washer fluid is apparently frozen. So I had to periodically stop and throw snow under the wipers.

Got to Watertown w/no gas to spare by driving slow. Called Kirk from gas station phone because there was no pay phone. (pause for Kat to lmao)

Went to FD gate and was rejected because
  1. Their phones only call one of the post exchanges
  2. I didn't have my registration and insurance card handy
Backtracked to WalMart. Found pay phone. Called Kirk. Dinner w/Kirk at chinese buffet - sigh! Then followed him to another gate where a buddy of his was working.

Grandkids were still and we sat on the couch while the new dog (Seamus) attempted to ravage my legs. Yet another hyper dog.

Went to bed. Added my blanket to the pile.

No comments: